If you are a student or parent of student needing a replacement device, please fill out a request form. Requests will be reviewed on a case-to-case basis. If replacement is granted, please be ready to return your current device.
Help Guides and Information
Chromebook User Agreement 2020-2021
E-School Virtual Charter Academy strives to provide our students with all the resources they need to succeed. Studies by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) show that 86% of students between the ages of 3-18 have internet access nationwide. We provide limited internet access resources for students that do not have internet access at home. However, E-School only has a limited quantity of internet devices, and ask that you only request a device if you have no internet access. This allows us to have sufficient devices for the students that truly need them.
Find a Local Internet Provider
There are many internet providers that offer low-cost internet services for students. We have provided information on various internet providers and their offers for you to explore.
ACCESS from AT&T provides low-cost internet service for eligible housholds.
- Free installation and in-home Wi-Fi
- No annual contract
- No deposit
- Up to 25 Mbps
Connect2Compete is Cox Communication’s affordable internet program.
- Home internet and wifi
Fios 200/200 Mbps affordable internet plan.
- No router rental charges for two months.
Lifeline is a program by the Federal Communications Center (FCC) to help make communications services more affordable for eligible consumers.
- Get up to $9.25 towards your monthly internet bill.
Lifeline is a program by the Federal Communications Center (FCC) to help make communications services more affordable for eligible consumers that live on Tribal Lands.
- $34.25 towards your monthly internet bill.
- Up to $100 for first-time connection charges.
Filtering & Student Safety
All of our devices are safeguarded by web filtering software GoGuardian to protect our students from harmful and malicious material.
We utilize GoGuardian to:
Connect Your Printer
Step 1: Connect Printer to Internet
- Turn on your printer.
- Connect your printer to a network. If you need help, follow your printer manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you haven’t yet, turn on your Chromebook and sign in.
- Connect your Chromebook to the same network as your printer. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi.
Step 2: Print a Page
- To print the page, image, or document you’re viewing, press Ctrl + P (Command + P on Mac).
- Next to “Destination”, select the down arrow.
- Select “See more”
- Choose your printer.
- Tip: Some printers will automatically appear on this list. If you don’t find you printer on the list, select Manage.
- Select Print.
Add Printer to Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, select Advanced.
- Under “Printing”, select Printers
- Under “Available printers to save, “next to your printer, select Save.
- Check that your printer appears at the top, under “Saved printers.”
Tip: If your printer doesn’t appear, try turning your Chromebook’s Wi-Fi off and on.
Troubleshooting Chromebook Issues
A Chromebook can take some getting used to. That is why we have provided you with guides for the most common issues that students and parents have when learning to operate their device. If you are in need of additional information or help please contact our Technical Support.
Hardware & OS problems
- Chromebook hardware (like the battery, keyboard, or screen)
- Chromebook software (including updates, speed, and performance)
- Wireless or mobile networks
- Wired networks